I can no longer Lyft in multiple cities.
It has been an incredible 8 months on the road,
- seeing the diversity and enchantment of America through my own eyes
- learning how to survive homeless and in completely unfamiliar places with my only belongings organized into a trunk space and my only income from being a traveling taxi driver
- driving 30,000 miles in less than a year, picking up passengers in places I'd never been, then delivering them safely to their destinations
- visiting cities, national monuments and parks, cliffs, caves, lava tubes, dunes, canyons, mountains, beaches, rivers, streams, deserts, hot springs, volcanoes, salt flats and lush incredible forests across the country
- owning a domain, creating a website, and learning how social media #actuallyoperates
- having the opportunity to network and make the acquaintance of all of my passengers, Couchsurfing hosts, and of course - ladies from Tinder in all different parts of the USA; many, many of them on a deep personal level. In fact, last night marked the fourth person to cry on the cab ride to their destination, which has now become called "The Cabbie Confessions" ;-) It's all about the questions you ask and the vibe you create for your unique environment. She was cute though, crying about how her friend always gets taken advantage of by his friends and how it is wrong that "good guys always finish last"
- and...having the time of my life now, instead of betting that I'm going to make it to retirement.
However, all good things must come to an end. This morning after I had dropped off a passenger in San Francisco I was suddenly kicked out of driver mode on the app and was unable to log back in. That long awaited email followed this event explaining that my account was, "placed on a temporarily hold" for "Driving in Multiple Lyft Cities" haha, it went:
Therefore, my ability to continue, is no longer available. However, I am grateful for having been able to do it for how long I was able.
Check out my photo blog http://mtr2d2.tumblr.com/ where I'll be posting many more photos and click to follow me on Instagram!